jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

hubpage vs personal blog/website - the advantage and its disadvantages

1. marylen34 profile image57
    marylen34posted 10 months ago

I am on my 3 days of being a member here, honestly, it is fun to be here, people were so accommodating and willing to share their piece of expertise.  In my 3 days of being a member of this community, I have gathered enough information that I believe will help to decide what's best for me.

No such thing as right or wrong.....hubpage vs persnal blog/webiste has its own advantages and disadvantages only depending on what works for you personally.

If you are blogging just for fun, without taking any serious consideration with your proper grammar, I would say to have your own personal blog is a good way to get started, although the money is still there provided if you are willing to take some actions on your part.

But if you are already an expert writer in any topic you prefer, I guess mixing both is good.

I am here on this community to learn, to be nosey maybe, (lol ), reading people's article that interest me.

Note: feel free to private message me on how much you earn on hubpage. (blihhhhhhhh) hahaha

Happy New Year Everyone.

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hubpages isn't a blogging site at all. Articles should be of the same quality as you would expect to find in a print magazine.

Yes, you can mix it up on a personal blog but badly written material won't attract traffic. These days bloggers are usually experts in their field, and blogs tend to be very niche.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago in reply to this

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 10 months ago

Having both a HubPages account and your own website is a good thing. Each can help the other as a matter of fact.

1. marylen34 profile image57
      marylen34posted 10 months ago in reply to this

agree. thanks