jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Which Do You Prefer? Adsence Or HP Ad Program?

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 13 months ago

As a new Hubber, I feel I have a good working grasp as far as being awarded an Adsense account and all the hard work that it entails. Which program works the best for you as far as earnings? Adsense or the Hubpages Earning Program? Thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 13 months ago

The two programs are largely similar in terms of how they work.  I prefer Hubads+Adsense over Adsense alone as the income is more steady and overall higher for me.  But I would suggest giving each a try for a month or so to see which is best for you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

I agree with Psycheskinner.  Most Hubbers do find that they earn more with the HP Ads Program than with Adsense alone, but it does vary.  So the only way to find out which is best for you is to try it. 

You can switch the HP Ads program on and off as often as you like.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 13 months ago

What she and she said. big_smile

5. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 13 months ago

Definitely prefer HP Ad Program for earnings.

6. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Do you have flexibility between the two systems? As in say, for example, i have an article where it would not make sense to try and sell an Ebay or Amazon product because it's not applicable. So that tells me I should only run AdSense on that one particular hub? I guess what I am asking is if you have the option to utilize both systems. Hope the question makes sense.

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 13 months ago in reply to this

EBay and Amazon are separate from the HubPages ad program and AdSense.

7. Jesse Drzal profile image87

So I gather that you use all of tools in combinations on each individual article? I guess what I'm asking is if you are married to one system..ie I'm using adsence so I have to use adsence across all articles or just the hubpages program across all articles or amazon...sorry if I am wording this confusing perhaps I am overthinking the whole thing.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 13 months ago in reply to this

If you activate the HP Ad Program, then the HP Program ads show up on your Hubs and to a lesser extent, Adsense ads will also appear. This also depends on whether you have ads turned on; they are automatically on, but you can turn them off on each individual Hub while you are editing/creating a Hub.

For Amazon and eBay, there are capsules you can use when creating a Hub that are Amazon and eBay capsules; you can put these on your Hubs and still run the other ads; or you can shut off the ads and just place Amazon and/or eBay capsules in the Hub.

Bear in mind that you are limited on how many Amazon and eBay ads you can use in a Hub and they must be very relevant to the subject of the Hub. Also, it has been suggested to shut off the HP/Adsense ads on Hubs with Amazon capsules, supposedly because it will sell more Amazon products that. I've never tried it so I don't know if that strategy works.

Some people shut off HP Ads and just use adsense. I don't suggest it though.

8. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Ok I understand now. Thank you for the clarity!

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 13 months ago in reply to this

No problem.

working