jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Comments

1. Elsie Hagley profile image83
    Elsie Hagleyposted 17 months ago

When your hub is not featured, how can someone comment on it?
    I have a comment, but it isn't on my hub, that is unfeatured due to quality, it is on my feed page that there is one, that the only way I know it is there.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Elsie,

In addition to Jodah's comment, I'll add that links to your Hub still work. For example, if you posted a link to your Hub on Facebook and it has since become Unfeatured, people can still use that link to visit the Hub so long as it remains published. Unfeatured status just means the Hub won't be available to search engines. It doesn't make links to the Hub stop working or make it unavailable for readers to visit in general. Hope that clears things up! smile

Elsie Hagleyposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting, yes it does help me understand, so it's only search engines that cannot see it.
        Is that the reason for no advertising?
        We will not earn anything from all unfeatured articles, so if I'm not worried about earning any money I needed fret so much about unfeatured hubs.

Even if a Hub is not Featured, it should still have ads on it. If ads have been turned off, it is probably because our algorithm detected words or phrases that are not ad safe per Google's guidelines. If you have a Hub where ads were turned off and wish to know why, I recommend emailing team@hubpages.com for details.

Thanks, Christy. Will email the team, I'm getting lost here, maybe I need to check out the learning tab again.

2. Elsie Hagley profile image83

I can't add a link, as it is a no-no. This is the one, that I'm talking about "National Parents Day", would appreciate it if you can have a look for adds.
            This is unfeatured due to quantity, I don't consider it not safe for google eyes.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
              Venkatachari Mposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Elsie, you should provide the url link here so that we can look at it. Go from your accounts page to open your hub and then copy paste the url here so that we can visit the hub.

Ads are showing up on this Hub normally. They are not turned off.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84

Elsie, I have commented on your hub yesterday itself. Please go through it.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 17 months ago

Elsie, even If your hub is unfeatured your followers and other hubbers can access and comment on it. As long as your profile is set to show all hubs not just featured ones.

Elsie Hagleyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying.
      I thought that also, but this comment is not on the hub, must be a problem with comments again.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84

John, I think it is not like that. The followers will receive notifications through email irrespective of featured or not featured when a hubber publishes new hub.. That is how they are able to visit those hubs and view and comment. Further, one can share the hub on social media also even though not featured immediately.

1. Jodah profile image86
        Jodahposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Yes you are right there too Venkat, but if it is an older hub that has just become defeatured due to quality (eg. too many Amazon capsules) no one gets notified.

3. Allain Christmas profile image67
    Allain Christmasposted 16 months ago

My unfeatured hubs can still receive traffic from pins on Pinterest or if I post it on Facebook. I think if it is unpublished, then they can't get to it from a link, but they can for unfeatured.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 16 months ago

You might want to go into edit mode and check you did not accidentally turn off the advertising (right side bar)

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Inquiry.

working