jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

How do I block people? Specifically trolls who are 'guests?'

1. TessSchlesinger profile image91
    TessSchlesingerposted 12 months ago

Can someone please tell me how to block people on hubpages? Also how does one handle a troll who specifically comes to troll me (He doesn't like my opinion of Donald Trump) and probably comes from G+.

Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I don't think you can block people, all you can do is keep on denying his comments.

Since Hubs on current affairs have such a short lifespan anyway, you could also consider avoiding that topic.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 12 months ago in reply to this

As Marisa has suggested, we recommend setting your comments to require approval and simply deleting his comments as they show up. Trolls typically want attention and the gratification of knowing they are getting on someone's nerves. If they are getting no acknowledgement and their comments aren't appearing, they stop eventually and pick a more easily riled target.

TessSchlesingerposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks. It's quicker and easier just to delete their comment and block them though. So I am curious why hubpages doesn't have this feature. I truly don't want to have to go to every article I have ever written to delete the comment and keep going back until he is bored - eventually.

That is very time consuming.

I also don't want to have to approve every comment for the same reason. It is time consuming.

Tess, if you set your comments so they have to be approved before appearing, you don't have to keep going back to the Hub again and again.

Most Hubbers know that comments don't appear instantly, so you don't have to feel pressured to approve comments straight away.   Just schedule time to do it once a day.      Then if there are multiple nasty comments, you just delete all of them in one hit - none of them has ever been visible o the Hub so you don't have to worry how long they sit there.

Okay, thanks. I'll have to go through all my hubs to do that. Thankfully, I think I will be back on line soon. smile

It's a global setting.  Go to your Account page, click on Comments in the second navbar and it's right at the top of the page.  That will change the setting for all your Hubs.

Okay, got it. Thanks. And I just got on line. I'm about to write a hub on how to write a kickass letter to the mega-corporation to get your way!!! smile

2. ZWBDC profile image60
          ZWBDCposted 12 months ago in reply to this

thanks then i dont think hubs is for me if you cant control trolls and the features are lacking for blocking people

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 12 months ago

There is no feature on this site for blocking people.

As for handling trolls, Google lists over a half million results for "how to deal with trolls."  I suggest you read a couple of articles and look at your situation, and then decide how you wish to proceed.

working