jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)

help me think of health hubs

1. willmcwryter profile image52
    willmcwryterposted 11 months ago

i want to be a hubpages feature health author.  what are good health problems to write about?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You are the latest DasEngal suspect. Or are we wrong?

Not necessarily a bad thing by the way... lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Will, I would not recommend writing on health topics.  Just do some Googling - there are thousands of articles about every health topic you can think of, so there is FAR too much competition.  There are also many health articles on HubPages, including several by qualified doctors and nurses, and by people who have actually experienced the diseases they write about.  So unless you have expertise or direct experience, you will be competing with people who can write much better articles than you.

Write about what you know about.

You really are bored, aren't you?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I'm in Southampton, of course I'm bored.

1. theraggededge profile image94
            theraggededgeposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Oh, I'm a couple hundred miles away. I'm bored too.

Not really - must write 1000 words by lunchtime.

1. DrMark1961 profile image90
              DrMark1961posted 11 months ago in reply to this

I am a couple thousand miles away, and by taking the time to read this forum I guess I enter the ranks of the bored. Nothing to write, nothing to read, no work for a few hours.

2. willmcwryter profile image52
        willmcwryterposted 11 months ago in reply to this

i will just respond to your post because you are the most popular person here so far and i don't want to risk my reputation by responding to these others outside the popular writers circle. us featured writers have to stick together and maintain our distance from those beneath us.

i see what your saying about competing with other people who can write much better articles than me, but on the otherhand i am also competing with people who can write much worse articles than me. it will even out.  plus i am a featured writer on hubpages after only being here a few weeks so i think a have a better shot than most.

i also like your idea about gunshot wounds i have not been shot yet but i live in a bad naighborhood so who knows any day now it could happen! i also like your idea about transgender but i don't know what dwight and carla have to do with it, that's just fiction! sorry if you took my story literal.

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 11 months ago in reply to this

LOLOLOL big_smile He's got a sense of humour.

To write decent health articles, you need to have some credibility in that field. You can't go handing out advice about health issues unless you are medically trained. It is possible to get sued by doing so. Unlikely, but possible. You can write a health article if you are writing about your own personal experience.

Again, Will, we're *all* featured writers.

You changed their names. I don't think anyone took it literally, dear one.

How about writing about injuries a famous actor has sustained by doing his/her own stunts? I don't know of any particular ones, but you can do the research.

3. SheilaMilne profile image89
      SheilaMilneposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You're well on the way to transgender issues with your story of Dwaine and Carli who turned into Dawn and Carlos, before (or possibly after) they had twins.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
      Phyllis Doyleposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Maybe you could write about multiple personalities. Like the Three Faces of Eve.

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 11 months ago

Unfortunately, "how to cure cancer by eating sandwiches" has already been taken.

Maybe something about healing broken bones with massage and raw parsley?

Help in healing gunshot wounds would be sought out by a certain crowd. Is there an herbal remedy for gunshot wounds?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 months ago in reply to this

"Help in healing gunshot wounds would be sought out by a certain crowd. Is there an herbal remedy for gunshot wounds?"

True story -- A farmer friend used to treat any wound (after removing any foreign substance like a bullet) by pouring sugar and turpentine into it, That usually worked well out in the farthest field where he could not get to a doctor. It stopped the bleeding of handsaw cuts as well. He always did go see the doctor ASAP afterward.

Will the billions of Texans who are now carrying arms openly be in the market for an herbal gunshot wound cure soon? Maybe, but sugar/turpentine is not an herb and people should go or be taken to the doctor/hospital if shot. In Preventive Medicine, we advise people not to get shot.

Haven't seen you in awhile. How ya been?

Doing pretty well, Para O'digm (I'm getting ready for St. Patrick's Day)  lol

Italics wrong?

Begorrah!

Play?

Immediately.

Here.

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
        SmartAndFunposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You should write a hub outlining this remedy.

Good idea. I'll attempt to gather all the specifics and the info about why it works.

3. willmcwryter profile image52
    willmcwryterposted 11 months ago

maybe i should just write a health poem

4. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image85
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 11 months ago

Hello McWriter. I have seen you in recent forums suggesting cigarettes are good for meeting girls, and talking about butt kissing. Perhaps you could start with those two health issues. It looks like you could come up with lots of ideas ....

5. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago

Years that were...

6. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago

Jeez, been a long road.

7. moumita mallick profile image76
    moumita mallickposted 11 months ago

It would be great if you can share your personalise experience about getting fit or losing weight. You can also state your diet along with the time period which you have been following to help your readers

working