jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I am new here and would love feedback

1. Fiascoca profile image79
    Fiascocaposted 9 months ago

Hey Hubpages, I just created my profile and have been posting a lot today. I would appreciate any feedback on my blogs to where I can improve, or if you just like it! Thanks in advance and I would be willing to extend the same gestures for you.

Here are links to a couple of my posts

http://www.hubpages.com/entertainment/s … ts-discuss

http://www.hubpages.com/money/paying-yo … rtant-bill

1. ronbergeron profile image94
      ronbergeronposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Hi Corey,

It looks like none of your hubs are featured yet. I took a quick look at your "Cross Country Travels" hub. It has good information, but i's full of typos. A few examples are:

that how things were
      beatiful peice

Careful proofreading and the use of a spellchecker will help you get your hubs featured.

Good luck.

1. ronbergeron profile image94
        ronbergeronposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Yes, the sentence that contains the word "typos" itself contains a typo. I hate when that happens (to me)!

2. Max Dalton profile image79
      Max Daltonposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I'd just say focus on writing quality, evergreen content. Identify some keywords and try to use them, but don't get too hung up on it. Have fun and write things that interest you, and the rest will take care of itself.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 9 months ago

5 hubs in 4 hours, not bad.

Posting links to your own hubs is a no-no.

However, you being a newbie, I don't expect anybody to be too perturbed about that. smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago

Welcome to HP! 

First of all, Hubs are not blogs.  They are the kind of articles you would read in a magazine. That means you can't get away with typos and spelling mistakes - they all need to be fixed.  Don't just rely on a spell-checker either:  I see one place where you've used "then" instead of "than", and another where you've used "view" instead of "few" for instance - a spell-checker won't pick that up because both are real words.

Second, HubPages are VERY strict about how you use Amazon capsules.  You can advertise ONLY products that are very closely related to the subject of the Hub.   If you advertise unrelated products, your Hub won't be approved.

In your "cross country travels" Hub, you've chosen products that are useful equipment for travellers BUT your Hub is not about equipping yourself for travelling.  So that's not closely related enough.  I can't think of any products you could feature on that Hub, and you'll find that happens quite a lot.  Some subjects just don't have related Amazon products. 

Another tip for Amazon:  if you are going to show an Amazon product, don't just chuck the capsule in.  Say something about why you've chosen this product and why you recommend it.

1. Fiascoca profile image79
      Fiascocaposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the feedback, I plan on applying this advice

4. Fiascoca profile image79
    Fiascocaposted 9 months ago

I appreciate everyone's feedback, after some changes I'm pleased to say 4/5 of my original hubs became featured. Thanks for the help!