jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I want to deactivate the hubpages ad programme on my account

1. accofranco profile image76
    accofrancoposted 12 months ago

Hi, please I want to deactivate the hubpages ad programme on my account. But I have some accrued earnings as balance on my hubpages account, which is not up to the minimum pay out....will hubpages pay me my balance if I deactivate the ad programme since the amount I have earned with them is less than the minimum pay out amount?

Please I need accurate answer asap. Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Just curious, why do you want to deactivate it?

2. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 12 months ago

So far as I am aware the answer is No. This is the permalink http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties to the relevant paragraph which goes like this

"In order to participate in the Ad, eBay and Amazon Programs, you must activate the HubPages Earnings Program. The HubPages Earnings Program provides a way for HubPages to pay you directly for the Ad, eBay and Amazon Program earnings, and other things like contest prize winnings. Once you hit the minimum earnings ($50) in the HubPages Earnings Program, you will get paid by HubPages directly."

Hence if you deactivate the HubPages Earnings Program then you deactivate all income

People leave this site and close down their accounts with income still owing to them.
    The rule is you need to reach the payment threshold to get a payout.
    If you choose not to do this then you lose the income.

1. accofranco profile image76
      accofrancoposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks.....maybe I will have to wait till it reaches the $50 minimum payout....because its almost there.....thanks again for the clarification

1. makingamark profile image77
        makingamarkposted 12 months ago in reply to this

If you're close I would wait and/or work out how to get there faster!

3. 61
    gopiborugaddaposted 11 months ago

let the ads run on your hub, what is your problem ! , you are not paying hosting charges or domain charges, in feature when any one look into your hub then money will credit. why you are decided to do that?

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 11 months ago in reply to this

I agree let the ads run. It appears Hubpages are really working hard to make changes to the site that may just benefit the writers. It will take time to see if the new changes work. Stick around.

working