jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Discontinue unFeaturing (engagement) if a Hub has passed QAP

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago

When unFeaturing for lack of engagement was introduced, we were told it was a way of dealing with Hubs that hadn't gone through QAP.   

UnFeaturing (engagement) has been in place so long, all those old un-QAP'd Hubs that needed to be unFeatured MUST be unFeatured by now.   If a Hubber edits one of them to get it Featured again, it has to go through QAP. 

All the Hubs written since then have gone through QAP. 

So the question is, why is unFeatured (engagement) still necessary? 

It can't be because "Google dislikes" low trafficked posts, because we know - and HubPages agrees - that is NOT the case.   

It seems to me HubPages could save a substantial part of its MTurk budget by discontinuing the unFeatured process from now forward - leaving the existing unFeatured Hubs unFeatured, of course - because right now there are so many Hubbers constantly resubmitting low-trafficked Hubs to keep them alive.

1. makingamark profile image77
      makingamarkposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Or moving them because they've got really bored with trying to get content published on HubPages....

2. Dreamworker profile image93
      Dreamworkerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Obviously, since I already started a post about this same issue, I totally agree.  However, I was not aware of some of the info you reported here.

What you say only makes good sense, from both a business and PR standpoint.  I do not understand why the team is letting this one slide.  It is a feature that could eventually ruin this site if it is not stopped.

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 9 months ago

It hadn't occurred to me that the feature is no longer necessary, but you're right about that. I know that when one of my Hubs goes unfeatured due to lack of engagement, these days, I just move it to one of my sites or elsewhere. Mostly, I don't see the point in editing it, because usually it doesn't make much of a difference. My own sites need content anyway.

So, clearly, HP would be losing a lot of content by continuing to unfeature Hubs that are otherwise good other than the fact that they don't get much traffic.