jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Benefits of swaddling a newborn

1. profile image59
    Taycoposted 17 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Benefits of swaddling a newborn (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Okay, I'll list what I perceive are the problems.

1. Your intro is titled 'Benefits of Swaddling'. There are no benefits included in that section.

2. The words, 'swaddling' and swaddle' are used too many times.

3. There is no intro image.

4. There is no image of a swaddled infant.

5. You don't really explain what swaddling is. Not all people will understand what you are referring to. You might include a YouTube video capsule to demonstrated a swaddling technique.

6. You could include some negatives to swaddling - for example my grandson has been swaddled by his parents all his life and the paedatricians now think it might have hampered his natural inclination to crawl and walk. He is 19 months old and, although quite normal in all other ways, is still not walking.

7. There are some grammar issues - for instant the word 'waste' isn't appropriate in the context that you use it. A waste of what? Time? Opportunity?

Hope that helps.

1. profile image59
        Taycoposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Wow thanks for you detailed explanation! i will try to change it !
        Do you know of any free software online to check for grammar mistakes?
        Thank you

Marcus

2. profile image59

Hi i am new to hub pages, could you guide me on the number beside my profile picture? was that the score for my article that i post? Cause they mentioned that new members require score of 8 and above? and have 5 featured articles?

Marcus

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 17 months ago in reply to this

You would probably benefit by spending some time here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents Lots to learn, but very helpful to a new hubber.

Good luck.

1. profile image59

Thank you smile

working