jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

My Best Hub Unfeatured

1. ologsinquito profile image94
    ologsinquitoposted 12 months ago

I just received notice that my hub with the most traffic, which today had 1,541 visits, is now not featured. It recently went through the Hub Pro editing system. One of the changes was to remove the moderate number of related product capsules. I replaced them and now my hub is not featured. If things like this continue to happen, I don't see how this site has any future.

1. jackclee lm profile image79
      jackclee lmposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Don't worry, just make a small edit and re-publish. It will be featured again the next day.

2. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I read that you are free to reverse any changes made my Hub Pro but if you did you risked having the hub defeatured when it was reviewed again. This is obviously what happened with your hub.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

They've got it in for Amazon, it seems.

I have a Hub reviewing FOUR specific DVD's and although it would be logical to link to each DVD on Amazon, I was only allowed to link to THREE.  I had well over the words required to have four capsules - but no, it was judged "excessive product capsules".

I wish they would just be honest about the Amazon limits instead of saying one thing and doing another.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

We were warned some time ago that this could happen.  Get rid of the extra ads if you want to have your work featured again.

ologsinquitoposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Timetraveler, it's a long article and I only had three ads. Now I only have one. So this shouldn't be a problem.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Which one was it?   (post without making it a hyperlink so it doesn't get snipped)

Hi Marissa, here it is. http://hubpages (dot) com/health/Enablers-Help-the-Narcissist-Get-Away-With-It

Great Hub!

If the capsules were books, then you need to explain why you recommend that particular book in each case.   You can put the explanation in the "description" section of the Amazon capsule - it generally looks better if you make the capsule full-width.    If you do that, I reckon you could reinstate two capsules. 

I'm pretty sure the disclosure paragraph is not necessary if you have one on your profile - the thing is, the amazon.com mention may be counted as a link (stupid I know since it's not hyperlinked but I have seen it before).

I added a reason why people should think about reading the book. I forgot to make the capsule full width. Maybe I can do that.

2. Virginia Allain profile image69
    Virginia Allainposted 12 months ago

This kind of activity sounds much like the ups and downs that Squidoo put its writers through for the last 2 years of its existence. Discouraging.

3. 0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 12 months ago

Not long after coming home to HubPages last year, I posted the first ever haiku I wrote. The only Amazon capsule I included featured a book of haiku by the internationally renowned local writer (and friend) who ran the workshop I wrote that piece at.
    I got the "spammy elements" email. As soon as I changed the capsule to feature my own eBook, the Hub was featured. What the?!?

I can see the logic in that, Bronwyn.    Amazon product these days have to be directly linked to the subject.   

In that case, the link between the haiku and the book was too indirect, because the only link was the person who ran the workshop. Your own book had a direct link because both the book and the haiku were written by you.

4. 0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 12 months ago

I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks, Marisa smile

It totally reminds me of what was happening at Squidoo, right before it went under.

I just checked my stats. This hub got 2,449 visits today. Maybe being not featured isn't so bad. smile

working