jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

New, have no idea what to do.

1. profile image61
    ElizabethEllenposted 17 months ago

Hi, I signed up today but I don't really know what to do now. Do I write something then try to submit it or what? Do I have to pick a topic now or can I just have a variate till I know for sure what I want to talk about? Any advice would be nice.

1. Snakesmum profile image87
      Snakesmumposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages, Elizabeth.

Before deciding on what to write about and how, I'd suggest you
      check out the learning centre.   Here's a link:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

You'll find plenty of ideas and advice there.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
        Elsie Hagleyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Sorry, you beat me by a minute, giving the same link to help this lady.

1. Snakesmum profile image87
          Snakesmumposted 17 months ago in reply to this

No problem Elsie - let's hope she finds it helpful.  :-)

2. Elsie Hagley profile image81
      Elsie Hagleyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.
      Take a look at this link - Beginners Start Here. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
      Hope it is helpful.

3. erorantes profile image38
      erorantesposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Hello Elisabeth. I am glad. You are here in hub pages. You need to start with your biography. Then , you need to write a hub. Before, you need to read hub pages learning center. Good luck.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Good advice from everybody, but if I was new, I would

decide on a topic I want to write about
      do a google search on it to see how many others are writing about it and who they are
      decide if what I have to say offers something original and/or different and
      if so,  write an article of 750 to 1000 words in a word processing program, check it for grammar and spelling, etc., create a title that either answers a question or provides information that people may want or need and then go to "start a hub" and follow the prompts.

Use the learning center for info about using capsules, headings, photos, ads and the like.

Then publish and see what happens!

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 17 months ago

I think this particular segment of the Learning Center is helpful, the video in it is a good starting point for understanding what to do: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/using-hubtool

The gist is, write about what you know. Don't just write one long block of text; use more than one text capsule and put image capsules in-between them. Find a relevant video and add it too. Also use the guide in the upper right of the Hub Tool as a way of understanding what to include in your Hub.

When or if you are accustomed to Internet writing, you might want to look into ways to  fashion titles for articles that will attract traffic. I always suggest people check out Wrylilt's Hub on using Google Auto-Suggest for getting traffic. But if you Google SEO and Keyword Research, you'll find plenty of info on the subject, as well as searching Hubpages for Hubs on the subject.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this

In a more basic way, you click on Start a Hub, do your writing and capsule arrangement, etc, then when finished hit Publish. The Hub will go through the quality assessment process, and then you'll find out if it passed and is published. In My Account, on the Statistics page, you will see which Hubs are published or going through the assessment process or is not featured, etc. That page is fairly self explanatory, gives you definitions of the symbols that indicate status of Hubs, etc.

working