jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What's the right way to include Amazon affiliate text links?

1. 0
    El Rayposted 8 years ago

Good morning smile

I've just published my first hupage and I have a question.

How do you include an Amazon affiliate text link on your hubpage (from text moduel)? I tried to do this using Amazon's html, but it didn't work. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Or is it OK to just text link to the specific URL as long as I have my Amazon affiliate ID included in my profile?  Thanks

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

The suggest way of doing it is with the Amazon Capsule (you'll see it in the right hand menu in edit mode, under Revenue Capsules).

See http://hubpages.com/_learn/hub/capsules for more information.

3. 0
    El Rayposted 8 years ago

Thanks Darkside. I added the Amazon module as a back up & move it to the top right side of my text mod.. Thanks again smile

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You should be able to just use the URL from the Amazon HTML in the text link.  Be aware that excessively embedding affiliate links into the text of your Hub will adversely affect your HubScore.   I'd recommend just keeping it tasteful (ie. 1 or 2 affiliate links per hub).

1. soni2006 profile image47
      soni2006posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Mr. Pauldeeds,

I will follow the instructions states by you and will abide by the same. Yes, I agree that including 1 or 2 affiliate links per hub is enough.

By the way, please read the email I have sent to you and let me know if you have considered my request.