jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Moving hubs from one account to another.

1. Blond Logic profile image89
    Blond Logicposted 14 months ago

I want to move some hubs from one account to my main one but am worried I will get a duplicate content message. Does anyone know if there is a recommended time to have a page unpublished before one can republish without a problem occurring?

2. profile image0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 14 months ago

What I would suggest, is cut and paste the text from your Hubs to the word processor you use. Then delete the Hubs. I would allow 2 - 3 days.
    Then just repost them on your new account. I would also check with the Google Webmaster Tools that the old URLs have been removed as well.
    Hope that helps.

Blond Logicposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, I will give that a try.

2. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Before doing this, be absolutely sure there are no sites that have copied your hubs. Otherwise you'll both set off the duplicate content filter and make it difficult to file DMCA reports to fix the situation. Two to three days is nowhere near long enough to wait unless you get Google to clear the URLs from search results first. It can take them several business days to do so after your request.

I just dealt with removing my old Bubblews URLS from Google searches late last year because I  got tired of waiting for Google to dump them automatically a couple of weeks after Bubblews shut down.

Blond Logicposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Oh rats!
        Maybe it would be easier to keep them separate. I just wanted one to be a more 'serious' tone.

Thanks

3. Digital MD profile image92
      Digital MDposted 14 months ago in reply to this

It's slightly off topic but it may be helpful for the original poster.. Can we still use the google webmasters tool?

I've read somewhere in this forum that ever since the site reverted the format to hubpages categories rather than a seperate domain per user, we cannot use the GWMT anymore to track the pages.

working