jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

The Delete Phenomenon

1. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 15 months ago

Back in November, I deleted a hub.  I just noticed today that the intro-blurb I had at the top of the article appears under the "More in this Series" section under another hub.  Click on the heading [Delete] and it takes you to the "410. That page doesn't exist."

(If that's not clear, the phenomenon appears under "The Perfect Gift to Say 'I Love You.'")

So why is the blurb still there, taking up space that could be used to advertise a hub that exists?  I have never seen that.  Is there something I need to do?  Thanks for any response.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Another person noticed the same thing http://hubpages.com/community/forum/134 … in-groups-

in any case, check if you can see the same thing when you are logged out.  i would bet it's a glitch a you can only see on your own hubs when you're logged in to your account.

MsDoraposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, calculus-geometry.  I checked and you're right.  It only shows on my page.  However, for other people, there is still only hub in the "More in this Series" section; whereas, it is usually two.

I will be patient for now, hoping that it goes away.  Thanks again for your response.  I appreciate you!

Now I know.  Hubs have to be deleted under "Your Hub Groups" also; then they disappear.  Only one hub shows under "More in this Series" because there is only one more in the group.  Problem fixed.  Thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Interesting. Just yesterday I saw that articles I had deleted were listed in red within my hub group editing capsule.  I've never seen this before, but got rid of them.  In the past they disappeared automatically when you deleted a hub, but now things have changed.  Good info to know.  Thanks.

Truly things have changed, Time Traveler2, and it is a challenge to keep up.  I hadn't noticed those red letter deletes before yesterday.  Thanks for your input.

working