jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Hub not in Google search

1. M G Del Baglivo profile image84
    M G Del Baglivoposted 13 months ago

Hi,

I published a Hub and it was Featured three days ago. It does not appear on Google even if I search by title. Can anyone advise me as to what I can do?

Thanks

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 13 months ago in reply to this

MG, I just did a search on Safari for your title and it came up top of the search results. As you stated Trump has a good team of researchers and maybe he has some clout with Google.

M G Del Baglivoposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. One does have to wonder if there is something afoot.  I did wonder, but thought that too paranoid. Interesting that two emails to HubPages inquiring about the situation have gone unanswered. Hmmm.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago in reply to this

It's not unusual for emails to HubPages to go unanswered.  It's a great pity that in all these years, HubPages has never managed to create a proper Support Ticket system, because we've all experienced emails to HP going astray or not being answered for days. 

Under normal circumstances, Google should index your Hub soon after it's been Featured, but it doesn't always happen.  It is a worry if Google has decided to crawl HubPages less frequently though.

M G Del Baglivoposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your response. I suppose HP receives so many emails that some get lost. I will use forums from now on.

I was surprised that it took three days for the Hub to appear on Google. That seems to me to be too long compared (in this case) to other search engines.

Thx again for the info.

working