jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Take Care With Your Titles

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago

The team recently reinforced the idea that writing good titles is important for getting views here, yet, again and again when I check profiles, I see titles that are so generic and general that they would entice very few to read.  You have to be specific and yet produce a title that whet reader's appetites for what you have to say.

You can't just title a hub "Dogs" or even "Small Dogs" for example.  If you answer the questions what, who, why, where, when and how ( or at least some of them), you are more likely to produce more views for what probably is already a good hug.

What kind of dog?  Who owns them?  Where can you find or buy them?  When is the best time for you to get a dog? and/or how to take care of a certain type of dog? (with specific details) will work better.  You can go deeper with directions for such things as training, entering dogs into competitions, grooming tools for dogs, etc. etc.

See the difference?

The title is what brings readers to your hub, so it is important to make it attractive as well as informational.

Good Luck!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 9 months ago

I've gone the opposite route and made my titles too long. That is also a no-no. Been cleaning those up lately.

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 9 months ago in reply to this

You can publish the results of your efforts in a hub titled "How to Write / Create / Make / Find a Good Title for Your Hubs / Articles | Tips / Strategies for Writing Better Titles | Title Writing Guide" smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Let me think / ponder / cogitate / examine / analyze ( about ) that.