jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Bio in your hubs

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 16 months ago

I received some great advice in the forums recently and I would like to share to new hubbers..include a bio in each and every hub so that the reader can see you are genuine. It looks better too. Just thought I would share.

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Yes Jesse, it is a good idea. I always do and I have 246 hubs.

2. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 16 months ago

Yes, excellent idea, Jesse. We were all pleased when HP added this feature. It gives the writer credibility. However, I don't have one on each and every hub because I don't proclaim to be an "expert" in everything. For example, I don't have bios on my recipe hubs because cooking is not my expertise, only something I do because HP gives us the opportunity to share recipes we feel passionate about or has special meaning to us. But I think you can use bios in different ways, like if you have a great passion or hobby, it might not hurt to say that in a bio.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Agreed janshares

4. MayberryHomemaker profile image84
    MayberryHomemakerposted 16 months ago

I think including a bio gives the reader a connection with who you are, whether an expert or not.  I enjoy reading the bios.

1. janshares profile image89
      jansharesposted 16 months ago in reply to this

+1

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 months ago

I had to laugh about this because I think I was the one who explained how to do it, yet I have to confess I've been lazy and only created a bio for a few of my Hubs.   It's a relatively new feature and I just never got around to it. I really need to get on it!

6. Jesse Drzal profile image87

You have been a great help, Marisa. Thank you for that!

working