403 Forbidden - nginx message was very persistent

1. Digital MD profile image93
    Digital MDposted 9 months ago

“403 Forbidden – nginx”

Hey Guys,

I've been having this message every so often and I did not mind since it usually resolves itself on its own. However, it just really bugged me yesterday when I was making my latest hub and it caused a problem while I was transferring it from MS word to the hub-tool. For some reason, the auto-save was not functioning so I practically made it again from the top.

It really did hit a nerve since I was supposedly rushing back to the hospital (for work) and I was just planing to copy and paste the whole thing before I go again on Duty, redoing the whole process took away my precious time. LOL.

So, this begs the question, what exactly causes this glitch?

Over the past few weeks I've tried the ff.:

1.) Using a different browser
    2.) Upgrading the browser to latest version
    3.) Cleaning my cache- bot manually and via an app cleaner
    4.) Logging in and out 12, 432, 232,168 times

But nothing seems to be working!

I've only found this previous forum post: http://hubpages.com/community/forum/134 … nx-message and I think it was not resolved either way

When searching google, the first result that came up noted the ff. possibilities as the cause"

"User is blocked from requesting that page/resource or the site as a whole.
        User tries to access a directory but autoindex is set to off.
        User tries to access a file that can be only accessed internally."

Can anyone elaborate on this? Or at least, what do you guys to prevent this from happening? It usually auto resolves on its own, but sometimes it takes several minutes or so.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I've alerted the Engineering Team. We're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

1. Digital MD profile image93
        Digital MDposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you!