jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

1. 60
    kaymeisposted 7 years ago

How many keywords are acceptable for a hub?

2. JamaGenee profile image89
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Do you mean keywords...or tags??

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

You asked the same question four hours ago and someone gave you an answer.

1. JamaGenee profile image89
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, darkside, but the earlier question was how many *words* in a hub, not *keywords*. 

But you get an "A" for effort anyway.

kaymeis, you've been here 7 months - plenty of time to search the forums for answers to such questions.

1. 60
        kaymeisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry guys, my mistake. My earlier question should have been titled words not keywords

4. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure the exact number of tags you can have on a hub but I think less than 20.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

You can have a great many tags on your hubpages. I usually use quite a few and then hubpages continues to suggest more. So I think, if there is an upper limit, it is a high one. On the other hand, you don't want your hub to be tagged deceptive, because your content doesn't support the tags.

I tend to think of keywords and tags as being almost the same thing. If I was targeting a keyword, I would certainly make a tag for it.

6. aniketgore profile image69
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

minimum of 15 tags and as much you want

7. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Where is Ryan, the hubpage staffer.  He can answer how many tags are appropriate. I click on suggested tags until Hubpages says they can't find anymore. As far as keywords are concerned, there is a difference between keywords and tag words.  Keywords is what Google uses in your article to attract ads for readers to click and hopefully purchase.  If you check your Google Earnings even on a host of writing you sometimes get recorded for a few clicks.  Tags are not what Google is looking for, Google is looking for keywords.