I'd like feedback on my Hub: Rowing Workouts for Everyone

1. Anthony Vournazos profile image61
    Anthony Vournazosposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Rowing Workouts for Everyone (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

First, go through the hub and read it out loud. You'll soon discover where the problems are. For example, "Feel free to skip around to where your comfortable level lies." That should be "comfort level". There are quite a few basic grammatical errors through the article. Where does the phrase 'loose ends' come into using a rowing machine? A loose end is a situation that leaves questions unanswered and doesn't make sense in the context that you use it. You could say 'answer any queries you might have." As I said, read it through out loud. Pretend you are writing for an upmarket sports or workout magazine.

Some of the writing is a bit 'clunky', although that shouldn't make too much difference. It's a good idea to revise your sentences and try to make them more concise and graceful. For example: "However, before approaching this machine I would recommend learning to properly use it in order to get the full workout effects." Surely you have to approach the machine in order to learn how to use it?

Secondly, get rid of the pretty rowing photos and put in some actual rowing machines and people using them. Preferably your own photos. If you can link them to your text, that would be helpful. There's no point using images that have no relation to the subject - you might think they do, but they don't.

Thirdly, shorten your title, "Rowing Workouts - A Guide to Using the Rowing Machine". No-one is going to search including 'properly'. I think I'd change it to "How to Use a Rowing Machine".

Make a few changes and see if it goes through.

Good luck.

1. Anthony Vournazos profile image61
        Anthony Vournazosposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much! This is my first time trying something like this, I appreciate it