jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Your comparative numbers may surprise you.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago

Earlier this year I set up a simple spreadsheet to compare my page view numbers over the years.  It's really easy to do if you use Google Analytics to check back by year and month.

Earlier this year I was feeling really down about the fact that my views were low, but just now I got the final tally for 2015 and found my views have actually increased by 3500 over 2014.  In fact, they've been steadily rising every year.

So, guess I should of  have been moaning so much.

Set up your own chart so that you can analyze how you are doing.  Hopefully, you'll get an interesting surprise!

1. EricDockett profile image94
      EricDockettposted 11 months ago in reply to this

But weren't you having major traffic issues in 2014? I remember you were doing a bunch of disavows because you were worried your sub had been hit by negative SEO. Am I remembering right? And haven't you recovered from that somewhat? So doesn't it makes sense that your traffic has improved in the past 12 months?

I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me my traffic is ~50% of where it was prior to the Squid merger. It had begun to recover a bit. Then HP removed subdomains and it dropped again.

On the bright side, things do look a bit better over the past couple of weeks. But there is a long, long way to go to get things back where they once were.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 months ago

I use the HP datasheets with a focus more on earnings than traffic; not so cheerful.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago in reply to this

What data sheets are you referring to...the stats?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Yes.  I paste lifetime data in excel format and graph it.

I didn't know you could do that from the stats page, but I guess using GA is just as good.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
            calculus-geometryposted 11 months ago in reply to this

GA is not going to give you any earnings information, which is what Psycheskinner is interested in.  It's very easy to get spreadsheet program-ready earnings data from your account page. just go to earnings reports and click the export to csv button.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12860623.png

then you can import it into whatever spreadsheet program you use.

Yes, I know that, but I was not referring to earnings, just views.  This is just another way of producing the same information, but clearly just as effective.

The main reason I posted this was that I felt many here don't even think about tracking their info from year to year, and I wanted to encourage them to do so in order for them to be able to visualize their individual situations.

It helps me a lot to do this because, if nothing else, it lets me see that I am advancing rather than regressing!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
                psycheskinnerposted 11 months ago in reply to this

And my initial response was that I, personally, am not here with the main goal of getting views--but of getting cash.  And that trend is certainly not edifying. About 10% of what it was at its peak.

I have always felt that if you get the views, the income follows, especially if you have well placed ads.

3. lobobrandon profile image80
    lobobrandonposted 11 months ago

With just 10 hubs I used to make payout on HP each month and cross the threshold comfortably. It's been going lower and it was to every 2 months the past year. But if things continue at last months levels I hope to receive payout by June this year lol...

It's pretty easy to know where you are with just 10 hubs, but when you get into the higher numbers, a chart really helps.  It's amazing that you make payout with so few hubs.  Congrats!

working