jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Can I Contact Person Editing My Hub?

1. agilitymach profile image97
    agilitymachposted 11 months ago

One of my Hubs is currently undergoing editing via Hub Pro Basic.  This is taking days. smile  The problem is that the person editing my Hub has edited in an error.  Anyone familiar with the sport of dog agility will read that and think I have absolutely no clue about my topic.  I tried to go in and edit just that section so that it makes sense to an agility competitor, but unfortunately I cannot edit the Hub until she (or he) is done.  In the meantime, I look a bit like a doofus.

Is there anyway to contact the person editing the Hub?  I must say many of the changes being made are great.  I love the title change, and some of the other changes are great too.  I am a former hard news reporter, and I am familiar with the editing process. I am comfortable having my work edited.  I also know an editor who has not studied and researched the topic can easily edit in mistakes.  It is why I always reread my copy after editing and before going to press.  I just don't want this mistake sitting out there for days while the editor finishes.

Thanks!!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 11 months ago in reply to this

First, I'm sorry it has taken awhile to finish your Hub!  Your Hub will be turned back over to you shortly.  I let your editor know the urgency.

2. agilitymach profile image97

Yay!!  It's finished!!  I must say I REALLY like the changes made.  The editor(s) did a great job overall.  I am thrilled with the edits, and I hope everyone who gets their Hubs edited by HubPro look forward to the process.  I was able to see where the editing took place, and with the exception of a few tiny issues that I corrected, the editing process made my article a MUCH better Hub. 

Kudos to HubPages.  I hope this Hub goes viral again soon (as it does every few months or so)!!

Robin, thanks for pushing the editing through.  It was a few tiny things, but people who know my sport well would wonder what was wrong with me. big_smile  That said, the editor(s) did catch a misspelled word relating directly to the sport. ("dog walk" instead of the correct "dogwalk")  Kudos to him, her or them!!

3. Jesse Drzal profile image84
    Jesse Drzalposted 11 months ago

Glad everything worked out. Awesome!

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 11 months ago

I'm glad it all worked out!  Thanks for the positive feedback. It means a lot. Have a great day!

5. agilitymach profile image97

The edited hub has already taken off again.  Over 1,300 views in the last day, and my whole group of related hubs are all up dramatically.  I shared the edited Hub on my FB page designated for HubPages.  Swoosh!!  It took off. smile

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Great news!  It is well deserved!

6. agilitymach profile image97

big_smile

working