jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Should I make a hub on that scoop without fearing for my life :)

1. thecounterpunch profile image58
    thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago

This is really a scoop of my own. I have posted one already on my hubs but I fear this one would be a bit dangerous for me so should I ? smile

Here it is. A few years ago an IT Guy I knew for several years worked in an embassy. He encountered there a British IT guy who was also working there as well as other embassies in the past.

In one of these embassies, for an unknown reason - I forgot to ask often a lack of budget - after he achieved his work, they didn't want to pay him. So what did he do ? He unloaded all the datas from the central server and went to travel to the Bahamas.

But the guy is still safe. They didn't sue him because he told a friend where he was before going away and after the friend told him how dangerous it would be if he didn't give back the datas, he acccepted to come back.

Well the big problem is this: he didn't know that the datas he took was datas gathered by all intelligence services from all the countries on world citizens. Why ? Because, he learnt afterwards, according to International Law each government is forbidden to spy on its own citizen. To circumvent this, there are agreements that a foreign country would spy for them so that if discovered the law cannot be broken since it was supposedly from an "ennemy".

As you can see this is to give an appearance of Democracy; this is also the proofs that every government in the world, not the US only, want to spy on its citizens, not only on supposedly therrorists since with terrorists they have the law to do so legally.

If I post that on my hubs and that some social networkers spread the words on stumbleupon or anywhere else, my hubs would be too famous and well I don't want to because I won't be able to post any more smile

One thing I could do is to make the post and then destroy it a little time after, what do you think ?

2. stubbs profile image72
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

do it anyway, you've posted it here and if the security services are watching you would have been shot by now.

thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nearly nobody read this forum and People who linked to my hub are coming from outer-hubpages so posting here is really confidential smile

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

In other news: TheCounterPunch couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

4. bloggerdollar profile image45
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

Don't worry no one will beleive that an embassy having all the info on world citizens is too poor to pay your friend smile

thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well if you knew ...

But you're right it isn't worth posting because people will be skeptics.

I had some "threat" sign in the past I won't tell the detail, it wasn't about this revelation and also it hit a lot more of people since at that time I owned a financial website with 1500 subscribers notably journalists.

I know some people have troubles after some revelations like this guy who wrote $revelation in France:

That's why I will stop if my hubs become too famous, in fact I would delete it completely though at the moment it doesn't contain any real personal revelations like the one above.

5. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I would not risk my personal well being by revealing government secrets. In my opinion, offering general information on the subject would not be so theatening as to elicit a violent response. Hard information, on the other hand, such as names, dates, countries, agencies, means and practices, would definitely lead to retribution. I believe only a very strong organization with the financial and legal wherewithal -- and the ability to keep its sources secret -- could accomplish such a thing. The New York Times and Washington Post come to mind. However, as we've seen in recent years, the courts sometimes force newspapers to reveal its sources under some circumstances. All that aside, we all know that governments around the world do lots of things they don't let anyone know about.

6. Ralph Deeds profile image68
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

That's an idea, Bill, give the information to Seymour Hersh who writes for The New Yorker or Bill Gertz who writes for the NY Times. They are two of the best reporters on intelligence and the CIA.

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Life's too short to be worried about whether or not you're going to lose your life.