jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Where do these links come from?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
    TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago

If you look at the metrics on each hub, you will see that some hubs have been shared 5 or more times. Are these the number of times one has shared one's own hub on facebook, instagram or elsewhere? Or can HP tell if someone else is sharing it?

Also, how long does someone have to spend on your hub because you get five stars?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Can't really speak for where HP gets it's information, but Google Analytics has that data.  And well it should; it's supposed to know what is in every site on the web.  And HP has that information available through it's own GA account.  I'm sure there are also 3rd party sites that can access and provide GA data.

I suppose HP could use information on where visitors came from, but I doubt that's the answer.

The five stars - who knows?  Nor does it really matter as it's only a rough approximation.  Useful to get a general idea, but little more.

TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

No, google analytics does not give me the URL of where the referral is coming from. I'm assuming that the referrals are people who have posted my link somewhere. Or HP counting how many times I share my link (that doesn't make sense).

I have no time for Google Analytics. It honestly doesn't tell me anything useful and it is so badly designed and explained that I find it absolutely useless.

2. erorantes profile image31
    erorantesposted 8 months ago

Hub pages is adding two sites to show our hubs if they qualify and they are in the process of adding other sites. It is a great news. Did you read the new terms? Thank you for letting us know about Metrics miss tessSchlesinger.

TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I know. But that doesn't answer the question. The metric measurements shows that your hub has been shared somewhere. What I'm trying to establish is whether it's when we share it ourselves or whether it's when other people share it. How does HP know who is sharing our links, or is it a link share on a particular website, etc. Do you know?