jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Wide Dynamic Range

1. 53
    Zylinaposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Wide Dynamic Range (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. watergeek profile image93
      watergeekposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hmmm. Well, to start with, I am a photographer and I had no idea from the title that your article was about photography or surveillance cameras. So you might want to add a word or two in the title indicating that. I would suggest, also, an opening paragraph telling the reader what the article is about - an introduction - before you launch into the explanation of background and foreground lighting. That will help set the stage (so to speak). It looks like you have a lot of interesting and potentially useful information here. Perhaps you could make the article a little less technical sounding, so it's easier to read and digest.

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Firstly, it looks like a re-write of several similar articles already available on the internet. In some cases, almost word for word. Looks like big chunks have been copied right off several ezine articles.

Rewriting/spinning/duplication/plagiarization is not acceptable on HP and will be the reason why your hub is not approved. If the information you are providing is readily available on sites with more authority, there's no point in HP featuring your article.

2. brainprotips profile image79
    brainprotipsposted 8 months ago

You clearly have a detailed understanding of the subject.

But like watergeek said, it would help to make the article more accessible.

Have you ever used the hemingway app? (If not - Google it).

It will help you write more readable prose. I'm like you in the sense that I have a technical background and my nature is to write long sentences with many 5+ syllable words. But remember that readers on the internet are notoriously lazy and won't make it below the fold if it's too technical.