jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Woody Marx profile image63
    Woody Marxposted 7 years ago

I wonder if a more finely delimited ranking system would be a good idea? 
    For example, instead of having a ranking by Hubpages of 90...would it  be possible to have a ranking of 90.3 ?  Or whatever.
    The point being that decimal-based ranking system would be more accurate and helpful overall.

If that was possible I think it would help authors to understand how the Hubpages algorithm works and how the changes or content affects the algorithm.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure how a decimal point will be more helpful.

As for being more accurate I think the only thing it would do is drive more hubbers crazy.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're absolutely right darkside. I've been here less than 2 months and my self-esteem is affected by my hubscore. Yeah! when it's 95, worried when I "sink" to 92. That's all I would need is decimals to worry about.

3. 0
    TheSandmanposted 7 years ago

Damn if most hubbers are like me we don't understand the rating system anyway, whish some one could define it  ( hello editors ) in more concrete ways than what we get. What I seem to get at best is an oblique explanation of the rating system which seems more unstable than the stock market, so adding a decimal point would probably blow the whole Gig and Meg a Byte thing and my mind as well.

4. 0
    TheSandmanposted 7 years ago

PS, Woody, Love the Sherlock Holmes Avatar, I've always been a big fan of Sherlock