jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Short Story Challenge

1. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 15 months ago

I have seen a number of hubbers recently express an interest in more Hub Challenges being initiated, so here is one for all the aspiring (and experienced) short fiction writers.

About a year ago I published a hub: http://hubpages.com/literature/Tom-Swif … r-Part-One wherein I explained exactly what a "Tom Swifty" was and began a short story using that type of pun throughout.
    The story proved popular and I decided to publish each chapter as a seperate hub. I subsequently wrote: The Case of the Million Dollar Collar Continues, but unfortunately the story didn't reach a conclusion, and I intended to go on an write Part Three. However, that was over six months ago and I still can't come up with a suitable ending. I think my problem is trying to incorporate suitable 'Tom Swifty" puns into the storyline.

Anyway, as I am either not capable or just too lazy to finish the story i thought I would issue a challenge to any other hubbers who are willing to attempt  this, to try and add a suitable ending to my story.
    The only stipulations or rules are:
    1. Use the same characters already introduced in the story
    2. Include at least one "Tom Swifty" pun (see definition and examples in Part One of the story) e.g. Addressing the urgent situation Tom Swiftly sprang into action.

OK, so if anyone is bored or need a little prompting to write something, please give this a go. I'd love to read what you come up with. Just leave a link to your hub here (and I will also add the link on my hubs)

Good luck.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 15 months ago in reply to this

"I can't right now because I'm eating a hotdog." I said, frankly.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Wrong.

1. profile image0

"I love milking goats." Paradigmsearch uttered.

1. profile image0

"...but it's difficult with my prostheses." he said offhandedly.

1. Jodah profile image86
              Jodahposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Those are all great. At this rate i'll be able to write the ending myself using these .

2. Susie Jane profile image60
      Susie Janeposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You lazy... I hardly believe that. I NEED INSPIRATION TO WRITE SOMETHING SO BAD. So I'll give it a go.... but gimmie a chance to read up on them first. .... is that how to spell gimmi.. gimmy... gimmmmmeeee. Arrrrgh... oh well ... Give me. LOL

1. Jodah profile image86

Susie, that is great news. I was hoping I would get at least one person to accept the challenge. The story needs an ending so bad and believe me I have tried. I was hoping there was someone out there looking for a prompt to kick start their inspiration. Take your time, read the first two parts and see what you can come up with. I am looking forward to it. I think you can spell "gimme" however you want.

1. Susie Jane profile image60
          Susie Janeposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Phew... Gimme...of course, that's how you spell it. .....  Ha ha.. I'm on it John. If you like can I have chocolates please????? Ha ha

1. Jodah profile image86

Ok, I think you deserve some chocolates for taking on this challenge. smile

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12875954_f248.jpg

working