jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

1. 0
    flakycrustedmemryposted 8 months ago

How often does HP change out there front page covers on different story lines/articles.  The reason I ask, is because it is common sense to me to change them daily for the audience that comes just to read.  I know they can go to latest, but it would be nice to see new on the first page. 
    I have only been on hp 3 weeks.  When I go to the main page I see articles that never change out and articles that have been written months ago.
    Isn't the main page supposed to be the page that keeps viewers coming back?  Just wondering!

1. 0
      flakycrustedmemryposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I read some where they are having trouble with google responding positively with this site.  Maybe this is why???  If I get on a site that has a homepage with posts from months ago, it would turn me off.  I wish there homepage would only show latest.  They could pick the best ones to show.  I know my latest wouldn't be included as one of the best.  That is okay, there are enough good writers here that have a current article that the homepage could show latest only on the front page.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
        calculus-geometryposted 8 months ago in reply to this

In the beginning they showed the latest hubs that had passed QAP and it was pretty bad. The standards for passing QAP are not terribly high.

2. jackclee lm profile image79
      jackclee lmposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I agree. The home page of HubPages should be more inspiring. I also think a brief explanation of HP is beneficial for the new comers.

2. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 8 months ago

Good point.

3. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 8 months ago

I totally agree. I started a related forum thread a couple of months ago. See: http://hubpages.com/community/forum/134 … uld-change

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 8 months ago

Most people don't come here to browse. They come from search engines. You would think that they would prefer to engage Hubbers with a better home page, but for whatever reason they changed it. 

You can click on explore then feed or click on the latest or best tab to see other hubs. Doing those things will give you a bigger selection.  Be careful with "latest" though because it gives you everything that has been recently published and a lot of that tends to be spam and things that will not be featured or may be unpublished because it doesn't fit the TOS.