jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Why Are Most Help Topics on Hubpages Written Years Ago

1. Elesh profile image86
    Eleshposted 8 months ago

I keep searching for recent topics to up my game as a newbie on HP but many topics here were written 5 or more years ago. Do people still write on HP.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Yes, people still write on HubPages and the staff is still active. However, nobody on the staff is assigned to keeping the Learning Center updated. While it has a great deal of information on it, a lot of the entries are terribly outdated.  If you spot something outdated, you can write the team to let them know. team @ hubpages dotcom.  Unfortunately, the Hubbers who look at the entries are likely to be new, and may not know that something is outdated.

I do think that if we let them know when we do spot something outdated, they may see that people are still looking at the entries, and may eventually assign someone. Right now, it is just not a high priority for them.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Elesh,

As Millionaire mentions, we do our best to keep the Learning Center up to date but we do occasionally miss things here and there. That said, the dates that show for those entries are the dates they were first published, not the dates they were last edited. Many are more current/accurate than the date would seem to indicate.

(Please don't hesitate to email me if you do notice anything wrong or outdated, though.)

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Of course they are.  HubPages is a long-established site and many of the basic  guidelines have not changed in that time - so there is no need to update the Help section for those.   Just because an article is 5 years old does not mean it's out of date.

1. Elesh profile image86
        Eleshposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thank you all for your responses.