jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

A new concept...

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago

http://www.fws.gov/uploadedImages/Region_6/NWRS/Prairie_Zone/Fort_Niobrara_Complex/Valentine/Images/Blandings%20Turtle%20-%20NGPC.jpg

The turtle awoke. All was quiet. He stretched his legs. “Where’d the ground go?” he wondered.

He stuck his head out. And was greeted with a magnificent view…

He saw trees. He saw farmhouses. He saw fields. He saw a lettuce patch.

He saw a road. He saw great metal objects traveling to and fro.

After awhile a large, long, yellow metal object came down the road and then stopped. Part of its side suddenly opened. Humans spilled out. There were little humans. There were some medium-sized humans. There were some taller humans.

One of the taller humans walked directly towards the turtle. “Uh-oh,” thought the turtle.

The human stopped in front of the turtle, blocking the turtle’s view. The human then picked up the turtle from the top of the fence post and placed him gently back on the ground. The human then walked away.

“So that’s how I got up there,” thought the turtle.

The turtle then remembered the lettuce patch. “Well, this worked out pretty well,” thought the turtle. He began his journey.

1. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I would offer a moving answer, but right now, I am a "shell" of my former self.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago

A reply is unexpected, but encouraged.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image88
    Jesse Drzalposted 18 months ago

Brought back memories of the nice elderly women that would help the box turtles in my area cross a busy road from their pond every spring. She would diligently go out every morning, pick them up from the road and caution drivers to be aware of them so as not to get hit. There ought to be more like her, not less.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Agreed. There are those who drive others for sport. I kid you not.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image85
    tirelesstravelerposted 18 months ago

Hello from the top of the fence post.  The weather is fine.

5. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 18 months ago

We need more people to care for animals like this.      Although I remember moving a skink (lizard) off a busy road one day, only for it to dash back there - it was sunning itself on the hot tarmac.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
      Jesse Drzalposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Sometimes it's hard to say no to a nice sun shower I guess.

working