jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone else find it ironic that the very hubs Google promotes...

1. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 13 months ago

Does anyone else find it ironic that the very butt hubs and the hubs about shaving genitalia Google promotes on the bottom of almost every hub are not allowed to have ads on them to avoid upsetting Google?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 13 months ago in reply to this

the butt hubs do have Adsense ads.

have you seen the hub about urine with an image of urine samples?  i have seen it at the bottom of a few articles now (non-urine-related).  now i almost welcome the butts. at this rate, HP should just replace the ad carousel with an animated gif of an elephant pooping.

Kylyssaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Seriously? You can't talk about sexual orientation, use the lgbt acronym, or show a statue's nipple and have the ads on but there are ads on the hub illustrating how to shave one's butt and its partner on how to shave men's genitals? We seriously have to blur out the boobies on classical paintings to have ads on our hubs yet hubs with drawings of butts, penises, and scrotums can have ads on them?

My ISP blocks the ads on HubPages so I have no idea if you're just messing with me or not and today's not a library day for me.

I don't dislike the hubs about shaving butts and balls themselves. They are witty and give good, detailed instructions, but I do dislike the fact that they're on hubs that don't match their topics in even the most general sense. I do find the pus-related hub photo I saw at the bottom of one of my food hubs the last time I went to the library to be disgusting and I think it's idiotic to pair photos of pus infections, bedbugs, cockroaches or anything else that's gross with recipes. Way to compete with Food Network, folks.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
          calculus-geometryposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I'm not messing with you, what would I get out of it?  here's a screenshot.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12882942_f248.jpg

I don't have a screenshot for the urine hub being served in the ad carousel, but that is probably for the best.

Kylyssaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

@calculus-geometry - I didn't really believe you were messing with me, but it makes zero logical sense that the butt hub has ads on it when considering the things that get ads taken off hubs. Thanks for the screen shot.

Maybe you get a pass on the rules once your traffic passes a certain point?

2. julieann26 profile image80
    julieann26posted 13 months ago

You can block some ads in Adsense but after blocking a few your choice become limited as the maximum amount you can block is 50.

working