jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

30 day page views

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 17 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12793472_f520.jpg
    I noticed this evening that I had exactly 1000 page views for one hub for a 30 day period.  Subsequent to that I went back into check my analytics and the views had gone backward to 999 and subsequent to that, views has gone now gone back 997, this for the same 30 day period.  How is this possible?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Probably, a few people have un-viewed your hub.

Or, just maybe, the stats aren't quite as precise as we like to think.

sallybeaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Not sure that is possible, in the space of just a few minutes.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
          Rochelle Frankposted 17 months ago in reply to this

The first part was kind of a joke. I don't really think we can un-see anything.
          The part about the stats, well-- how do we really know they are up to the minute?, hour? day, etc.

2. Oztinato profile image81
      Oztinatoposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I just tried to take a look at your hubs but kept getting a big colour image of some yellowish felt or fabric.

I changed the background on my profile page, hope it is OK now.  I never had a problem with the previous one but perhaps the Hubpages one will work better.
        Thanks for that.

2. Shadrack2 profile image67
    Shadrack2posted 17 months ago

people viewed at different times. So the next time you viewed some views had become 31 days old. So the couldn't fall in the 30days category. Hence the change.

Seems like a logical way of looking at it, hope you are right. Thanks.

3. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 17 months ago

I think it can be attributed to period of updating of stats. But I don't know the periodcity fixed by HubPages for the purpose and also the time lapse between your first, second and subsequent observations. Assuming that you had your second observation after two hours and the periodcity fixed is also two hours or less then it is quite possible to observe such drop in stats. It would mean that nobody viewed any page of that particualr Hub during the past two (or lesser time) and the views that were made during the last two hours (or less) in that 30 days peiod have been minused. And so on.

I don't know if it sound plausible but it certainly looks like solving a puzzle.

I must congratulate you on your having 1000 page reviews during 30 days. It is really a good performance, sallybea!
    Regards,

Perhaps, it just surprised me as this Hub is my highest performing one at the moment.  It was kind of nice to think it would go over the 1000 views but instead it did not, it went backwards:) 
      Thanks for the congrats, I am fortunate I have several which are catching up.  fast.  In spite of the negativity, I continue to receive increased views so long may it continue.

working