jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How Could mturk read my hubs before I publish them?

1. Mariasha profile image20
    Mariashaposted 13 months ago

Hello everyone,
    You might you all know the answer of this question but I have noticed that every time I start writing a hub it gets read by mturk before I published them. Could you please answer my question how come this happen?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 13 months ago in reply to this

How do you know that?

2. kmackey32 profile image79
      kmackey32posted 13 months ago in reply to this

I noticed that today. Sherry, check your stats before you publish your hub.

3. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 13 months ago in reply to this

MTurk seems mysterious and very will may be. I always check at the traffic sources page for MTurk as a domain name for views at 24hours as I begin a Hub. I check each day when I do my morning review at my account too. I just published a Hub on the 17th. I have struggled with spammy elements (long story) and began experimenting what was too spammy with those elements. So, resubmitted about 3 times. Since first published I have 27 MTurk views showing in 7-days and 16 in 24hrs. So, apparently more than few read the Hub maybe close to 8-9 times each time. I don't think other Hubs are being read.

I have noticed I have MTurk views say one or two once in a great while even though I have not edited or republished a Hub. I am not sure if Hubs cycle through MTurk just like at the Hub Hopper feature or not. If so I have no idea how that is queued, so just guessing. Perhaps again mystical an magical the roaming bots with their algorithms are trigger a review. Maybe that tosses a Hub in the Hopper? Just a wild guess.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

MTurk are the people who assess your Hub for quality before it is published.

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Is it not likely that your own views are being counted before you publish the hub?  I was told this when I first queried why I was receiving views before a hub was published.

1. Mariasha profile image20
        Mariashaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I think it counts Sallybea as Smackey32 said check your statistics before you publish your hub

2. Mariasha profile image20
      Mariashaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I don't know much about Mturk but what if I am still editing my hub?

1. sallybea profile image97
        sallybeaposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I think the same thing will happen, every time you edit a hub, you will see a view which will be your own, as many times as you edit it.

3. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 13 months ago

Here is a suggestion.
    Try writing your hubs off-line in word.  Find all relevant illustrations and videos before even going to HubPages. Once written in word, first  copy and paste the document to notepad to get rid of all the hidden word formating code. After that, it is easy to copy and paste each paragraph / capsule from notepad into HubPages, ad the pictures or videos etc. In other words, don't even go to HubPages until you are completely happy with your hub. That way, it may be easier on MTurk?

working