jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Jeez PEOPLE! Go to Facebook if you want to play games!

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 14 months ago

OK, I may be on a RANT, but, you people who want to use HP as some kind of social game playing site, please grow up and go over to your Facebook account. Those people are used to game players.
    Me? You're wasting space in my Feed with your game playing requests.
    DON

1. kj force profile image78
      kj forceposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I agree...

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Don, I'm not sure I understand. I don't have problems with word games. What I have problems with are people who post several hubs a day. I'm about to have to unfollow some of them because they clutter up my feeds. Apparently HP only puts so many a day in the feeds, and I've noticed some hubs by people I follow don't make it into the notifications because they don't post as often as these clutterers. I got notifications for 5 articles a certain person published Saturday. Another person posts several pieces of poetry each day. Sometimes I get curious and go to a person's profile page because I haven't heard from them in awhile and find that they have a hub or two that I would like to read but didn't know about because these other "writers" were crowding them out. (Notice I sarcastically used quotation marks around "writers"?

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Uh? This is a writing site. Where people publish Hubs. If you don't want to see them in your feed, stop following those hubbers.

I agree, the word games on the forum are irritating.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 14 months ago

You mean the word games in the forums?

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Perhaps just scroll through then? I don't do it personally, but who cares if the other members want to interact with each other.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago

If you're not following that forum and it still shows up in your feed then you ought to be mad at HP, not people who are within the forum rules posting on a word game thread.  More likely though, you are following the thread and you don't realize it, so just unfollow it and it will go away.

5. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 14 months ago

Here's the forum housecleaning link, http://hubpages.com/my/activity/forum-topics-following

Unfortunately, there may be several 1000 forums you may need to unfollow there. They accumulate over time.

6. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 14 months ago

I agree with Don. There are a few people here, one in particular, who doesn't seem to have a life outside the forum.
    It's not even a question of following or not following a thread. At least when a thread title says it's a game you can ignore it. But these time wasters often chose a catchy title, so you open the thread only to find a bunch of meaningless words, often followed by "who wants to play?". Then if no-one wants to play (why should anyone want to play at such nonsense?), they reply to their own posts over and over with more rubbish nonsense.

I have reported such behaviour. It stops for a few days, but then they are back with a vengeance.
    How old are you for crying out loud? 5? get a life!

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
      Jesse Drzalposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Yes but, you were in there interacting as well, playing along. It could not have been that bad!

7. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 14 months ago

Precisely my point. Some of us tried to contribute something to the OP's question but we got overwhelmed with often no less than 8 consecutive posts by the OP with nonsense such as:

"roof. cups. green. bushes. explain. not. black heat. blue rocks. open door."

It finally took 159 posts to achieve absolutely nothing at all, and most of those nonsense posts were made by the OP who really wasn't interested in any answers at all.

I won't post a link to the thread in question so those who haven't been there won't get sick of it like I did.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I think he can hear you...

1. janshares profile image91
        jansharesposted 14 months ago in reply to this

+1 SMH (sigh).

8. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 14 months ago

It is not hard to unfollow a thread. But we all need something to complain about.

9. ahorseback profile image49
    ahorsebackposted 14 months ago

Hub-pages is not going to be exactly what each of us wants ,   its easy to  not follow or to ignore someone for most of us , I too wish certain people to disappear yet , Hubpages imitates life , No ?

10. Jesse Drzal profile image87

I have no issue with anyone having a qualm with the goings on within the site, it is here for all to use, enjoy, interact whatever. Everyone has a right to voice in here, and the right to be heard. Perhaps the poster just wants to break up the "doom and gloom" that everyone is posting. Maybe they just wanted to get a fun thing going. Who knows. The whole tone of the posts of this thread I really don't understand, with language like ''grow up'' or "get a life" and "go on facebook'' and ''get off my feed'' rhetoric.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Any victim will do on a bad day.

11. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 14 months ago

People playing word games do need to learn to not put them in the hubpages side of the forums.  The split was created to people could easily choose whether to see only hub-pages related threads, or everything including the religionous stuff and games. As each is created it is gradually ported to the right side but it's all a bit tedious.

working