How to create Amazon "photo" links with tracking ID

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 8 months ago

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been around. I changed my Amazon tracking ID last March, which meant closing my old account and creating a new one. I updated all the links on my website, but completely forgot to update my Hub links. (Which means I lost out on earnings from revenue my hubs generated for Amazon in the past year, because I "no longer have an operating agreement with them" for my closed account. Ugh. I can see the amount I earned each month, but they won't give it to me.)

Anyway, in updating my hub links today I ran into some confusion. It's been a while! I updated my text links just fine, but when updating my Amazon "photo" links, the only way I could get it to work was to simply enter the URL from the product page in the Amazon capsule. But then I'm confused whether or not my affiliate tracking ID is credited.

So I guess my question is, how do I properly insert an Amazon photo link that includes my affiliate tracking ID ... OR does using the product page URL somehow do this even though I don't see it?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

You need to go to your account page and check whether you're using your personal Amazon account here, or the HubPages Amazon program.   Also check that the correct affiliate ID is showing.   If it is, then you don't need to make any changes in the Hubs themselves - the correct affiliate ID will automatically show up in the capsules.

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa. I actually happened to figure all that out on my own, but nice to have the confirmation that I did the right thing. wink