jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Old vs New Hubpages.

1. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 8 months ago

I just wondered how the new specialized Hubpage sites were doing? is it taking off? (tatring etc).

Worryingly, and following on from a similar recent thread, the 'About us' page on the existing Hubpages site shows......
    753,833 PUBLISHED HUBS

I've been monitoring those figures and they continue to fall sad

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps that is proof in the pudding for those who keep saying to eliminate hubs to get to the quality hubs. HP began what 2006? That is a lot of Hubs to weed through seeking good - better - best for both quality and traffic. Their campaign began what the tail end of last year or just before. I dun'no . . .

Perhaps they had a plan aimed at that a long time ago with knowledge there must be many before less to specialize with. Of course always adding new enhances just like the advocated strategy with blogs and websites. So, the bank builds again of Hubs and they are sorted with better specificity. Niche's reign while content remains king enhanced by SEO.

2. SimeyC profile image86
    SimeyCposted 8 months ago

When I first started on Hubpages I wrote hundreds of articles - I had 700+ at one point. Through the process of self editing, and some of the automated processes that Hubpages employed I am down to less than 200 hubs - most of the ones I deleted were either very poor, or had served their purpose (I had a lot of video game hubs that were no longer relevant).

So I would say that I don't particularly worry about having less hubs and less users as long as the remaining content is better quality

3. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 8 months ago

User and Hub figures have been falling for 3 years +.....

4. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 8 months ago

Yeah these numbers keep falling and it's worrying. I mean how much more can they keep dropping before the site is in big trouble.

1. lovetherain profile image71
      lovetherainposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Like all content mills, HP is past it's day. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

Too early to tell