jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How Do We Know If Another Hubber Eats His Vegetables?

1. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Inspired by the "how do know" series of questions about other Hubbers, I couldn't resist asking the vegetable question.  (I considered making it a question about root canals, athlete's foot, or washing hands after using a rest room; but I thought a question about healthy dietary habits might be more appropriate.)

1. Benson Yeung profile image78
      Benson Yeungposted 7 years ago in reply to this

By asking him in good faith and expect him to tell the truth. Have I won anything?

2. Aya Katz profile image90
      Aya Katzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Define vegetables! I would answer sweet potatoes, raw peas, and cherry tomatoes. But sweet potatoes are tubers. Peas are legumes?
      Tomatoes are really fruit?

Do any of those count, and if so, under what definition of vegetable?

2. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

This is a VERY good question, Lisa.  And something to seriously consider.  Malnourished hubbers with out-of-whack alkaline/acidity balance could cause unnecessary heckling, bad grammar, or even multiple personality disorder to run amuck in Hubpages.  And unless hubbers tell us about their proper nutrition, other hubbers may never know!

Therefore!  I propose that all hubbers should put forth--before they sign into hubpages--a list of veggies they have consumed/plan to consume every day.  Extra hubpoints if they have a V-8.

3. Christoph Reilly profile image85
    Christoph Reillyposted 7 years ago

I think a better question might be:  How many Hubbers ARE vegetables.

1. Lifebydesign profile image79
      Lifebydesignposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's funny

1. Amanda Severn profile image89
        Amanda Severnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lettuce alone! We're all cool as cucumbers here, and we all know our onions. (Well maybe not all of us...)

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

but a more important question still:   How do we know whether any Hubber is a vegetable?  (Or a fruit, a nut, or even a tool?)

In the interest of full disclosure, I'd get an A+ for V8, but and D- for spinach.

5. Feline Prophet profile image60
    Feline Prophetposted 7 years ago

Do cats eat veggies? Nah...point me to the lasagna! tongue

1. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

These days cat food companies are actually putting "greens" in a lot of the cat food; but from what I've ever seen, greens make cats puke - so I'd think lasagna may be wisest for you.    smile

6. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I am a vegetarian. So now you know smile So far today I've had, romaine and spinach, cucumbers, carrots, and a potato. smile