Niche Sites and Expert Hubbers

1. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 8 months ago

Some Hubbers have hundreds of Hubs on one niche topic. In order to write 100 or more Hubs on one topic, and get a lot of traffic, you must be an expert on that topic. That seems to make sense to me.

So, then it also makes sense that HubPages has a pretty significant resource at their fingertips when it comes to available experts on all kinds of subjects. These expert Hubbers not only have proven they know how to create successful pages on a topic. but they likely know a whole lot about the audience for that topic, and what the competition looks like out there.

If they aren't already, maybe HP should consult with these expert Hubbers before launching the new niche sites. For example, I can think of two or three dog experts who could have been consulted about PetHelpful.  (Not a criticism. I think PetHelpful looks fine. That's just an example.)

Just a suggestion, and maybe HP is already doing this. HubPages staff can't be experts on every topic, and taking a little time to consult with Hubbers who know their stuff seems like it could be useful when it comes to edging out the competition for these niche sites.

1. Vic Dillinger profile image60
      Vic Dillingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Most excellent, well-thought, and on-point assessment.  There is likely some talent on this site that could/should be consulted about what drives traffic for certain subjects.  Good call bringing it up.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 months ago

Very good and sound suggestion. Thanks