jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Can hubpages writers earn money by asking questions without writing hu

1. al derecho profile image81
    al derechoposted 13 months ago

I have heard hubpages writers can get paid if they ask questions. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, can hubpages writers earn money by asking questions without writing a single article/hub? Do you have to write hubs in order to earn money from questions?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

The income from the Q&A section is much, much lower than from Hubs.  So yes, you could earn a few cents from questions without every writing a Hub, but it would barely be worth the effort.

al derechoposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Would I need to write a certain amount of questions before I can place ads on the questions?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago in reply to this

No

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago in reply to this

No, they are placed automatically.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 13 months ago

The HubPages TOU clearly states "The HubPages Ad Program is only available for Earning Page Views on Hubs," so just asking questions would not actually earn you anything.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Topi … nd-Answers
      It says you can get 60% impressions.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 13 months ago in reply to this

The FAQs have not been kept up to date with the TOS changes.

But it doesn't list under "recent changes" that they discontinued the option of earning money from answers. Also, the TOS states the following:
          “Earning Page View”: This is a page view of either a Hub, Profile Page, or a Question or Answer where ads or affiliate links are served with attributable earning.
          I think "the hubpages ad program is only available for earning page views on hubs" simply means that that ad program in particular doesn't apply to answers. But that doesn't mean other programs like adsense doesn't. However, I may be wrong. That's why I asked this question. Hubpages doesn't specifically make it clear.

1. relache profile image87
            relacheposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I have never known anyone in the history of HubPages who earned money from this site without publishing at least a single Hub, and I have been with the site since it was in its beta test period.

I have never known anyone who got Google AdSense acceptance without publishing web content to be reviewed and accepted by Google first in the last six years.

Have at it.

4. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 13 months ago

@al derecho

I'm not sure if the TOS is updated or outdated, but even if the TOS still does offer the ability to earn from asking questions, I doubt you will see any earnings at all. Maybe 5-10 cents per year or something like that -- at most.

IIRC, the ability to earn from HubPages Q&A was something of an experiment that was tested out a few years ago. I think ads were placed in the Q&A section with a shrug and a rationalization of "why not? we've got nothing to lose." The results were dismal and this program did not take off. Even if this earnings program still technically exists, it is not worth your time.

Writing articles is the only way to earn here that might be worth your time, and I use the word "might" because results are so mixed. Some are pleased with their earnings, while others report they earn nothing or next to nothing.

Some find the Q&A section entertaining, so there's always that. But do not use Q&A thinking you might earn a little income.

working