jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Error or Hubpage Censorship?

1. kbdressman profile image94
    kbdressmanposted 18 months ago

If you click on my recent hub: http://hubpages.com/education/Letter-to … ng-Suicide it says that the page doesn't exist.  It's been published.  Am I getting censored? Is it going to have to pass quality before it's visible?  Is it an error?  Anyone have any idea what's going on?  (

1. Glorymiller profile image88
      Glorymillerposted 18 months ago in reply to this

The page loads fine for me, logged in and logged out of the system.

kbdressmanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for checking!  It seems to have been a temporary error.  The only residual damage is that I can't share it to facebook.  I can share a hyperlink, but it doesn't correctly load the preview. :-/

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

This is a common Facebook caching issue. Just paste the Hub's URL into the Facebook Debugger Tool and click the option to recrawl. That should fix the issue.

Thanks!! I really appreciate the help!

2. kbdressman profile image94

So I did as you suggested and I'm getting an error that says: "og:image was not defined, could not be downloaded or was not big enough. Please define a chosen image using the og:image metatag, and use an image that's at least 200x200px and is accessible from Facebook. Image 'http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12899837_f520.jpg' will be used instead. Consult http://developers.facebook.com/docs/sha … rs/crawler for more troubleshooting tips."

Is that something I need to figure out how to fix on my end?  Or something on hubpages backend?  Or something on facebook's backend?

Nevemind!  looks like it was a facebook issue!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 18 months ago

That Hub is published.  I just clicked the link you have here and I see it.

I think you had a transient error.

Well, I'm glad it can be seen finally!  Although, when I copy and paste the link to facebook it pulls up a picture that says "no page" still.  Think that'll fix on it's own too?

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 18 months ago

Have you checked to see if Facebook blocks pictures identified as related to suicide?

That's a great suggestion, but I don't think that's the problem with some of the other posts "Rachel's" family has posted.  There was an issue on hubpages end when I first posted it.  When I got emails saying there were comments and I tried to click on the links from my phone where I wasn't signed in I got a "no page" error.  Some how there are still results from that error that prevent it from being shared on facebook correctly.  Which is unfortunate as I know at least half a dozen people tried to share it within an hour of me posting it.

4. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 18 months ago

Like everyone else, I had no problem when I clicked your link. You haven't been censored and you might consider acknowledging this in a comment. That would be the polite thing to do since you came out swinging with your title "Error or Hubpage Censorship".

Luckily the error has been partially fixed as I explained above. smile I'll double check the comment I wrote on the hub,  but figured this was the place to acknowledge it was a error,  not censorship,  not the hub,  since this is where I asked the question.  smile Tone and perception are funny things.  I actually asked this question to avoid wrongly accusing hubpages of an error if I had accidentally broken a rule that resulted in the hub of being censured. smile I see what you mean about the wording appearing emotionally charged, but it was more confusion than me being upset.  smile

1. UnnamedHarald profile image93
        UnnamedHaraldposted 18 months ago in reply to this

It works both ways. Rereading my comment, I realize I came off a bit more gruff than I intended. Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.

working