jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Traffic question

1. Jesse Drzal profile image81
    Jesse Drzalposted 8 months ago

Are views within Hubpages counted toward Google Analytics counts? Just seems to be discrepancies between the two regarding traffic many times.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 months ago

Hubpages stats are to be taken 'roughly.' They aren't precise, and aren't really expected to be purely accurate. Google analytics is as accurate as anything on the web ever will be. In fact, I hardly even look at analytics because there is literally more information available there than I can use. That's just me though, and if you want precision, pay attention to your analytics.

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 8 months ago

They are different stats. GA measures the day. HP measures past 24 hours. In other words, if you checked GA for today, you'd see what views you've gotten from midnight to 2:30pm (or whatever time it is where you are). If you look at HP stats, you'll see what views you've had in the past 24 hours.

4. Jesse Drzal profile image81
    Jesse Drzalposted 8 months ago

5. stephenteacher profile image85
    stephenteacherposted 8 months ago

Google has (as others) different metrics as to what
    constitutes a visit, page view, and real visitor.

HUB must have a different way as well.

Just as examples, nobody knows how much
    of page loaded or scrolling constitutes a real visit
    or page view.

If a person does not stay on the page for the
    tracking to kick in, it won't be counted.

Everyone uses a different way to track.

You could get 100 people to visit your page,
    but perhaps google counts 45 and hub
    counts 65.

You might want to do some research as
    to how and why google counts something.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 8 months ago in reply to this

This is a good point because the script GA uses to track visits depends on whether the person loads the page and scrolls down to the code. I'm not so certain Google's stats are all that accurate, though many people are always saying they are. But I've heard it argued that there are much more accurate ones out there; like awstats. Those kinds of stats measure everything that comes onto a site and use the sites logs (from the server) and so catches what Google misses.

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 8 months ago

Google Analytics default measurement is Sessions. When I switch to Pageviews instead, it perks me up considerably.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image81
      Jesse Drzalposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I see Pageviews are much higher than Sessions.