jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Ebay vs Amazon

1. Adam Harkus profile image60
    Adam Harkusposted 7 months ago

I started off using mostly Amazon links, thinking that Amazon adverts are more 'permanent' than Ebay auctions...

However, I've experimented with a few Ebay links, and they seem to got much more hits than the Amazon ones.

Obviously I don't want to flood my articles with adverts, so I was actually thinking of replacing all the Amazon links with Ebay ones, so as to get more traffic.

Is this advisable? What have other people found out about Amazon vs Ebay?

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I don't know today with having much less Hubs than yesterday. I remembered a frustrating part of ebay was the search brought a product, but it might get sold because it was a bid only . . . poof no more product. I had my best luck when specifying a buyer and a product I knew s/he always had listed as a 'buy now' product, so a running inventory of the item. Maybe it has changed now?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 months ago in reply to this

I haven't used Ebay for years because it's a pain in the butt to keep up with the ever changing ads.  Furthermore, they do not pay as well as Amazon. 

There also is a lot more fraud on Ebay than with Amazon, so I'm not sure I trust the sellers as much.  I used to be a seller there and have also been a buyer...have had problems on both ends of the spectrum so now rarely use it for anything.

I try to keep this as easy and simple as possible, and Amazon allows me to do that.  They always have a good variety of products, and once someone enters their site through your hub, anything they buy gets credited to you.  Some of my biggest sales have come to me that way.

So, it's Amazon for me for sure!

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 months ago

Ebay ads give me hundreds of hits but very few sales. I may take them off altogether.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Sales vary from the one site to the other, I had nine sales (so far) on e-bay this month and I had four from Amazon.  They make a huge difference to earnings and I will continue to have one of each on my hubs as long as I am able to.

3. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 7 months ago

Amazon does better for me in most instances.  There are a couple of very unique specialty items however that one seller has on eBay that I routinely sell on one of my hubs.  In that instance, it's something he personalizes, I am familiar with the quality of his product, and I make sales with that capsule. 

On the whole, Amazon fares better.  When I first started here, Amazon wasn't available in my state.  Once that rule was changed, I switched my ads from eBay to Amazon save the one I mentioned above.  They perform much, much better than eBay ever did as a whole. 

If you have items that are very specific to your hubs that are a much better deal on eBay; it might be the better choice, but I would stick with Amazon wherever possible.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 months ago in reply to this

I do think that topic does have an impact with regards to which site does better, but I have found both as a buyer and seller that Ebay simply does not do as well for me as Amazon, especially now since they raised their percentages for HP writers.