jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why do I get views on hubs I haven't published?

1. 0
    Andrew Hawkleyposted 7 years ago

I'm working on a lengthy hub at the moment which I have saved unpublished but it is getting views. This has happened before.

2. Research Analyst profile image81
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Yes this happens, My unpublished Hubs shows views as well. I am assuming it is because Hubpages has a software program that is checking out what is being posted, since the hub has not been actually published yet I wouldn't think the views are coming from other hubbers or the search engines, but instead from an internal software program that checks for duplicates as well as making sure the content will be appropriate for the site.

3. 0
    Andrew Hawkleyposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I removed the comments capsule to be on the safe side.

4. Shalini Kagal profile image80
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

Is that why it happens Research Analyst? I've wondered too!

5. quicksand profile image84
    quicksandposted 7 years ago

Well, I've had an unpublished hub fermenting for three days while I was tweaking the text and adding pix and stuff. I noticed that every day I used to get some page views, such that by the time I published it, the hub already had some twenty five hits. I thought the HubPages staff had access to unpublished hubs and they were "just checking."

However I am certain that google does not index unpublished hubs as they have no access to them until published.

6. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

The page views you are seeing are your views. Every time you look at one of your hubs, it counts as a view. If a hub is not published, outside readers cannot see it. There is definitely no need to remove your comments capsule.

1. JamaGenee profile image89
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Fawntia!  I was wondering when someone would point the most obvious reason for phantom page views! 

Please verify that our own views are deducted from scoring at some point.