jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

Don't Get Too Excited If Your Hubs Are Chosen For Niche Sites...

1. Kylyssa profile image93
    Kylyssaposted 10 months ago

Because they might not be visible on any of the topic or subtopic pages on the niche sites even if they get views, have comments, and a score of 99. Most of my views come from Google, so it hasn't been a handicap so far as I can tell but it's a bummer.

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 10 months ago in reply to this

3/2/2016
      Kylyssa,
      I've already noticed a lull in my traffic due to HP putting hubs in categories. Hey, I am even glad to get ONE comment.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kylyssa,

I just checked in with Engineering and this is a bug that has since been fixed. Please report it to us if you see anything like this happening again.

3/2
        Hi, Christy,
        So you are confirming that now the four NEW hubs that I have published may stand a good chance of getting comments? If so, thank you.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

Was responding to Kylyssa's post that all Hubs that have been transferred to niche sites should now be visible on topic and subtopic pages. The fact that some weren't showing was a bug that has not been resolved.

Christy,
            Time was when I would have apologized for my error, but not anymore. I was honest and non-harmful in my comment.
            Keep up the great work.

Nothing to apologize for! Best of luck with your new Hubs, and if you think there's a bug related to comments, let us know and we'll look into it. smile

Thank you, Christy,
                You are a wonderful asset to HubPages and yes, I am giving you some well-deserved credit.
                My goal: One day produce a hub that will be spotlighted on the Weekly HubPages News-email.
                Then I shall be at ease.
                Your Friend, Kenneth

2. Kylyssa profile image93
        Kylyssaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your prompt response.

How can we tell what are bugs and what are features on the niche sites? Should we just assume anything that seems illogical is a bug and report it?

It can't hurt to report anything that seems wonky, thanks very much for your help and attention with the sites. smile

Thank you. I really, really, really want HubPages to keep its head above water because it's the first content farm I've ever written on that doesn't make me want to wash my hands after using it.

Christy,
              You are a young woman of pure integrity. Honest.

3. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 10 months ago in reply to this

i had received emails about my hubs being featured if I edit my hubs..... is it true?

2. Jesse Drzal profile image83
    Jesse Drzalposted 10 months ago

I think there is a glitch with sharing too from pethelpful. It just drops a link to the site, which brings you to the article, but with no photo or title of the article.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 months ago

At first I thought that this move to niche sites was a bad decision, after all most of us like writing for HP as it stands. Then I went to a book store and bought a couple of photography magazines since I do this often to keep up on new gadgets and procedures. Then it hit me (I know...it should have occurred to me a while ago). I buy these magazines because they are about photography and that's all I am interested in when I get them. So moving to a niche site is like offering the public a "magazine" on something they are interested in and nothing else. i.e photography and not recipes, fashion  etc.
    So I have come full circle and now think that perhaps a niche site is what we (as authors) really need. Hope a niche for my stuff is launched soon. I am really excited about the prospects!

I think the niches are a great idea HubPages should have started about five years ago. The panicky, disorganized, last-minute execution without much communication is what I find nerve-wracking.

Have you checked out the niche sites? Some of the ads actually match the content and I have yet to see a disgusting ad on PetHelpful!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
        LuisEGonzalezposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Yes and they seem to match pretty close to the articles. THe way it was done here leaves much to be desired but perhaps HP is on the right track!

They do seem to finally be on the right track. I hope they've acted in time.

2. kenneth avery profile image83

Kylyssa . . .smile
        As for your question as to if "I" or any of the other hubbers have checked the niche sites, well, no, I am afraid to do this for I fear that if I get out of my working-routine for HP, things will go bezerk.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago in reply to this

....and that is exactly what Google has been saying for the last four years or so:  Google WANTS sites that offer people a wealth of information on one chosen interest or hobby, because that's something people appreciate.  I am only surprised HubPages hasn't gone down that path ages ago, considering how clear Google has been about that.

working