jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Link Shows But No Pictures

1. bleet profile image61
    bleetposted 7 years ago

I am very new to hubpages and just submitted my first article.  I applied to the Associate program with Amazon, located two books relative to my material, clicked on "link" and copied the amazon book link but on my published hubpage, it only shows the link and no picture.   

What do I click on to add "Amazon" book with picture of book
    Steps to complete that.

Thanks so much.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi bleet:

Sounds like you're using Amazon-generated code and pasting it onto your hubs.  That won't work, because HubPages does not allow HTML coding.  You can add specific products, either by keyword or URL, in Amazon capsules, which you add and place just like you would a text or photo capsule.

1. bleet profile image61
        bleetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Maddie:
        Thanks so much for taking time to reply to my question--I am very, very new to hubpages. 

So, if I locate an item on Amazon, when I write my hubpage, I would then click on "Amazon" and then am I copying that "link" or how to I get that item to show on my hubpage.  I also tried adding a picture from morguefile and couldn't get that to work so I must be doing something wrong. 

Thanks for helping me with this, you definitely know how hubpages works looking at all that you have written.  Have a great Monday! 

2. 0
      shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i don't knoe ,

but you should write new new hub with different browser & check it if it works or not.

if no then contact to hubpages.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Are you familiar with using widgets in a blog? Creating a hub is kind of like that in terms of putting your capsules together. On the right hand side of your page you should see the various capsules listed. Select the Amazon capsule, place it where you would like it to go, and then input the information the capsule requests and you should have what you're looking for.

Maddie, does Hubpages have a published hub about how to put one together in terms of capsules and layout? I was considering making a hub about this but I couldn't seem to put it together the way I wanted it to be and gave up on the project sad

1. bleet profile image61
      bleetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wish I was familiar with widgets in a blog, but I am not.  I located the item on Amazon, then saw on the right "Amazon" and clicked on that and had copied and pasted the link there but it only shows up as the link address and not the picture of the book.  So, I must be doing something wrong.   Thanks so much for helping to explain this to a very new hubpager.