jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Please critique this Hub: NIKON D500 Camera Review

1. Hanzamfafa profile image78
    Hanzamfafaposted 10 months ago

I am new to HubPages. I would really appreciate any feedback on my first Hub. I'm quite proud of it but I'm sure there is room for improvement.

NIKON D500 Camera Review

1. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

You use 'Nikon' and 'D500' way, way too many times on the page. Cut it back to a more natural level so the page doesn't seem keyword stuffed.

Hanzamfafaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for the advice. I greatly appreciate it. I will edit my Hub. And soon I will write some more Hubs. I hope you give me some more advice with them as well. All the best!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 months ago

It would be more compelling if you used photographs you actually took with this camera and your personal experience.  Also you are not allowed to have more than two links to any one source. You have more than one link to Amazon.  Why not try a product capsule?

Thanks a lot Millionaire Tips. I haven't got the camera yet that's why I only borrowed the photos in my Hub. I will remove the other links. I very much appreciate your advice. All the best.

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

The whole point of a review is to share your own experience of using a product. Simply rewriting or copying other peoples' reviews is dishonest, don't you think?

Thanks a lot theraggededge. I did not realise that what i did was something unacceptable. but i did not copy the content in my Hub from anyone or anywhere. what should i do? should i just unpublish this Hub? this is my first time to write so i really need a lot of advice. and i do appreciate all your criticisms. i am much obliged.

3. Richard-Bivins profile image86
    Richard-Bivinsposted 10 months ago

From first glance, the article looks like it was spun from this article http://www.ishootshows.com/2016/01/05/s … d-sb-5000/

I copied and pasted one paragraph of 'your' hub into Google and found nearly the same review.

Spun articles will not help you here.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 months ago in reply to this

(ala George Takei) Oh, myyyyyyyyyyy.

2. Hanzamfafa profile image78

thanks so much for the criticisms. will do my best to become a better writer. bear with me as this is my first time writing and publishing an article online. i do admit that i still need a lot of improvement. your advice is highly appreciated. shall i just unpublish my Hub and rewrite everything in it?

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Why don't you write about something you know? Where you live, or a review of an item you own, or a 'how to' on something you can do well? What do you know about that other people do not? What unusual experiences have you had? Your education? Family? What do you read? What's your day job?

I bet you can find lots of genuine topics to write about.

Thanks so much theraggededge. i am now coming up with ideas for new Hubs. will be writing again soon. Cheers.

working