jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

HubPages is going to get wet...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 17 months ago

...between now and March 9. As in:

A. BART falling apart as usual when it rains.
    B. Power outages.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ … california

But they will survive.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image85
      tirelesstravelerposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Was this for me?  I've been watching clouds come in wondering if I would get out of here before it rained.  California weather follows patterns.  I've been watching it for 58 years. Somehow it seems to be a surprise when we have weather.  Summer sun and fog.  Tourist freeze in San Francisco. Fall, beach weather in Nor-Cal finally. Winter, rain but not much.  Spring, more sun.  The only time you can almost guarentee rain, is when you have your roof off.   As for BART well, 78% of the survalliance cameras are not hooked up, so why would I expect it to work in rain.  Actually it works pretty well, most of the time.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85

I just hope staff remembers to put those little life vests on the hamsters powering the backup servers before going home for the weekend.

1. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 17 months ago in reply to this

We've already bred super-hamsters that can breathe underwater. Way ahead you there, ps!

paradigmsearchposted 17 months ago in reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 17 months ago

Inconvenient as rain can be, and hazardous for commuters who don't have the sense to slow down for inclement weather, we badly need it, so I welcome it!  big_smile

Yep. If things don't improve soon, they're going to start arresting us if we're seen washing our car in the driveway.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

We have an couple of "outs" on that one:
        1) we don't park in the driveway, but in a carport between the back of the house and our workshop.  Car not visible from street.  LOL
        2) Push comes to shove, we have our own well on the property, mostly used for irrigation and the small washroom in the shop, but it could be used for washing the car...or so we could claim.  Heh heh heh...

1. tirelesstraveler profile image85
          tirelesstravelerposted 17 months ago in reply to this

LoL!        I can picture you taking the car apart hubcap by hubcap to was it in the sink. 
          And by the way  didn't mean to flake on the coffee date last fall. I am still trying to find some health.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
  5. tirelesstraveler profile image85
    tirelesstravelerposted 17 months ago

We don't need rain to stop BART, medical emergencies rain or shine do that.  By the way I love having super Hamsters at HQ.  I' ll stop by the next time I'm past the office so I can give a full description of the little workers.

What!?! They don't just toss the patient out at the next station and move on? What do they think they are, an airplane? Wusses.

6. paradigmsearch profile image85

Power outages and rescues all over the place. I'd do a link; but the newspaper, sfgate, does pop up ads.

7. paradigmsearch profile image85

working