jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Background Suggestion

1. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

So, I got a little excited when I scrolled to the right of my screen while doing an edit, and noticed that there was a colored background, but it sure enough disappeared...

I was thinking something like the below shot would be an interesting thought to have the center white where the hub would read, the outside the light gray, and the top the same.

But, obviously not have the white cut into the top border. That's just how it looked in the edit screen.

2. jamestedmondson profile image84
    jamestedmondsonposted 7 years ago

Hey Whitney, we've seen that problem of the addition of a horizontal scroll bar, and are currently working on a fix.
    It's a minor problem, but thanks for letting us know!
    Your suggestion is interesting, but I think we'll be sticking with how HubPages currently looks. For now...

3. Whitney05 profile image67

It wasn't really a problem, more or less a suggestion to make the back ground like that. Ha.. oops. :-/

Oh wait... I wasn't really reporting a problem of the scroll, just wanted to suggest making the background like that. It'll make the site appear less airy. I think it'll give the site a look versus the feel of "we're still trying to figure it out." Because right now on my computer, with the browser smaller than the monitor, there's just so much white, and the forums look blank- hubs have a similar feel once you look to the right of the sidebar.

4. Whitney05 profile image67

Kind like this:

Although, the picture may not look it, I minimzed the browser width on my screen. (I didn't go over far enough on the right side, but yea... It's a quicky I'm late for getting ready for the night.)