Can we get ads related to content on HP like PetHelpful has?

1. Kylyssa profile image93
    Kylyssaposted 7 months ago

I've found the ads HubPages has chosen for the main site to be extremely disappointing  ever since my content was transferred here in September of 2014. They're unrelated to the content, unrelated to my own search preferences, and some of them are spammy and trashy or disgusting and vulgar while others advertise questionable or predatory services. The revolting ads on recipes even made me avoid using HP to search for recipes until my ISP blocked HP's ads last year!

Well, my ISP recently changed to Comcast from Suite Solutions and I can see the ads on HP again. They are just as disappointing and unrelated as ever.

But I've been reading hubs on PetHelpful and they have some pet-related ads such as ads for tropical fish at PetSmart on articles about tropical fish! The other ads I've seen on PetHelpful have been completely inoffensive. I've seen ads for cars, trucks, and normal products and services that average people might buy. I haven't seen a low-class ad on PetHelpful yet!

The car and truck ads even make sense because I was very recently helping someone do research online before he bought a car!

Is it possible that HP could benefit from ads that match the content and user search history and aren't trashy and low-class, too?

1. Jodah profile image88
      Jodahposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good plan to me.