jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Giving my kids allowance yes or no

1. profile image61
    Brittanykirkposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Giving my kids allowance yes or no (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Write in proper English would be a good start.

"Althought their are many advantages to giving your kids' allowance. Their is also many disadvantages. Which leaves' many questions.?"

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

taht is ur oppinon, kid'z this day's can relait bettr to brytnni kurq's rightyng stile. the waive of teh footure.

2. profile image61
        Brittanykirkposted 14 months ago in reply to this

that was kinda harsh

2. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 14 months ago in reply to this

There are so many grammar errors that it's too hard to read. I'd recommend taking a refresher course in English or finding some good grammar tutorials online.

1. profile image61

maybe stop being a bully

1. Kylyssa profile image95

Pointing out what's wrong with a piece of writing in response to a request for a critique isn't bullying.

Some of your sentences have three or four errors in each of  them and they are genuinely very hard to understand. A refresher course or some grammar tutorials would likely help you a great deal. There's nothing wrong with freshening up your grammar skills. I read through a few grammar tutorials every year just to make sure my grammar hasn't drifted too far from what it should be.

1. profile image61

okay sorry i took it the wrong way i apologize and haven fixed everything

1. Kylyssa profile image95

It's OK. It's very easy to take constructive criticism the wrong way because writing is such a personal thing. I still get upset by critiques sometimes and I've been writing for decades! It's your voice and it's important to you.

Take your time perfecting your hub; it will be harder if you feel pressured and hurry.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 14 months ago

Just from a quick glance I can tell you that it's too short.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 14 months ago

The writing is ungrammatical and uses textspeak such as "u" for you.
    As it stands the hub will never pass the basic quality tests.

1. profile image61

thank u i have made a new one thanks fr not being rude

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 14 months ago

I hate commets, too.

5. julieann26 profile image81
    julieann26posted 14 months ago

Along with the spelling and grammatical errors there are formatting ones as well - in one part of the article changes font and then reverts back to the original.  There are also sentences that start with no capital letters and end with no full stops.

This sentence "Down below theirs a chart for an allowance idea" should be "Down below there's a chart for an allowance idea."

Headings are repetitive - the second heading should be the section heading (title in the text box).

You should use bullet points for some of the points you make.

Overall the topic is a good one but it won't get featured until you fix up the grammar and spelling errors.

working